International Student Entrance Examination (Applying Directly from Home Country)
- Applicants may take this examination in their home country.
- System for Application to Multiple Academic Departments ･･･ Applying to multiple departments is possible.
- Application guidebook for the academic year 2017 is now available upon request.
|Faculty of Economics||Student Capacity|
|Department of Economics||Very limited intake (including from within Japan)|
|Department of Business Administration|
|Department for Information system in Business|
|Department of Media Business|
|Department of Sport Business Administration|
The student capacity for each department includes that of International Student Entrance Examination I (i.e., the one held at HUE)
［Applicants must satisfy all of the following requirements］
- （1）HUE admits foreign nationals who have completed 12 years of continuous education in a country other than Japan, or those who have attained the level of academic ability required by the Minister of Education, Culture, Science and Technology.
（2）Applicants who have attained a International Baccalaureate, Abitur, Baccalaureate or General Certificate of Education Advanced Level designated by the Minister of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT); or who will attain one of the above by March 31, 2017, and who have reached the age of 18 years.
（3）Applicants who have completed 12 years of continuous education given by any educational organizations accredited by international accreditation bodies (WASC, ACSI, CSI) designated by the Minister of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT); or who will complete by March 31, 2017, and who have reached the age of 18 years.
（4）Those who by having sat a separate school entrance test are deemed to have an educational level equivalent to that of a high school graduate, and who have reached the age of 18 years.
- HUE admits those who took “Japanese as a Foreign Language” of the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) administered by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO), and who also took either “Japan and the World” or mathematics. (Free choice of test language)
* Applicants are free to nominate their language of choice (English or Japanese) for “Japan and the World” and mathematics, and for Courses 1 and 2 for mathematics.
Application and Admission Procedures
|Application Period||From Dec 20 (Tue), 2016 to Jan 19 (Thu), 2017
(Applications must be delivered by Jan 19 (Thu), 2017)
|Deadline for the presentation of Essays||Feb 2 (Thu), 2017
(Essays must be submitted by Feb 2 (Thu), 2017)
|Announcement of Results||Feb 13 (Thu), 2017 at 5pm|
|Admission Procedures||Deadline for the Admission & Tuition Fee:
Feb 28 (Tue), 2017
- Presented documents and EJU score. (Two subjects, including Japanese)
(About the essay)
Applicants will be notified of the theme of the essay after receipt of their application by HUE.
The essay should be handwritten in Japanese on 400-character manuscript paper. (Use of a word processor is prohibited. Approximately 1,200 characters.)
(NOTE)The results will be determined upon comprehensive evaluation of the above items.
（Documents to be submitted）
- Application form (form prescribed by HUE)
- Test Registration Card (form prescribed by HUE)
- Certificate of graduation and academic transcript from the educational institution in home country most recently enrolled in (NB Photocopies NOT accepted)
- Transcript of EJU (photocopy is accepted)
Only transcripts of the EJU administered by JASSO is accepted.
* Only transcripts of tests taken in 2015 or 2016 will be accepted. Those who have taken the test more than once may present only one transcript
- Health certificate
- Photocopy of passport
*Photocopies of all pages bearing entries are required.
（Hiroshima University of Economics, Office of International Exchange 5-37-1 Gion, Asaminami-ku, Hiroshima City JAPAN 731-0192）
- Applications shall be accepted only by post. (Applications postmarked on the due date will be accepted)
- Entrance Examination Fee
- Department ･･･30,000 yen
- Departments･･･35,000 yen
- Departments･･･40,000 yen
- Departments･･･45,000 yen
- Departments･･･50,000 yen
* Please pay by transfer to the prescribed account using the prescribed payment slip. Payment can be made at any banking institution except the post office.
Please enclose a check made out in yen with the documentation (checking fee to be paid by applicant) payable to “Ishida Gakuen Hiroshima University of Economics”. However, if the applicant has someone in Japan who can pay on his or her behalf, the transfer should be made from the nearest bank (except the post office), using HUE's prescribed 'Domestic Applicant's Bank Transfer Form'.
Announcement of Results
- The identification numbers of successful applicants will be posted on the bulletin board of the Office of International Exchange in HUE.
- Notification of results sent by express mail.
- Results may also be viewed on our website for 1 week after the date of announcement at http://www.hue.ac.jp
* HUE will not accept telephone inquiries regarding results.