Special Entrance Examination for Affiliated Schools
- For international students with recommendation from HUE-approved Japanese language schools.
- Applications to multiple academic departments are possible with this examination.
- Application guidebook for the academic year 2019 is now avaiable upon request.
|Economics||Economics||Very limited intake|
|Business Administration *||Business Administration|
|Sport Business Administration|
|Media Business *||Information systems in Business|
- Applicants must be foreign nationals who have completed 12 years of continuous education in a country other than Japan, or who have attained the level of academic ability required by the Minister of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
- Applicants who have attend an advanced course of a training college (Senshu Gakko) (a course of three years or more or one that has been approved by MEXT) and have completed the program according to the requirements provided by MEXT and have completed the program by March 31, 2019.
- Applicants who have attained a International Baccalaureate, Abitur, Baccalaureate or General Certificate of Education Advanced Level designated by the Minister of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT); or who will attain one of the above by March 31, 2019, and who have reached the age of 18 years.
- Applicants who have completed 12 years of continuous education given by any educational organizations accredited by international accreditation bodies (WASC, ACSI, CSI) designated by the Minister of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT); or who will complete by March 31, 2019, and who have reached the age of 18 years.
- Applicants who by having taken a separate school entrance examination are deemed to have an educational level equivalent to that of a high school graduate, and who have reached the age of 18 years. *For (5), applicants shall contact Center for International Education Exchange (CIEE) for more details on application eligibility no later than November 16 (Fri), 2018.
- Applicants must have taken the “Japanese as a Foreign Language” Examination and one other examination (either the “Japan and the World” Examination or the Mathematics Examination) administered by JASSO. Those who have taken the examinations must have the following score(s) to apply:
(1)280 points or over on the “Japanese as a Foreign Language” Examination”;
(2)a minimum of 230 points on the “Japanese as a Foreign Language” Examination and a minimum of 120 points on either the “Japan and the World” or “Mathematics,” and the total points is 390 or above. *Free choice of test language.
- Applicants who have attended HUE-approved Japanese language schools, and are of outstanding character, have a strong desire for the admission to HUE, and are highly recommended by the principal of the school attended.
- Applicants who have resided in Japan for at least six months before the date of the entrance examination, and who are scheduled to graduate from (expected to complete their course studies at) a Japanese language school by March 31, 2019.
- Applicants must enroll into the program if admitted, and fully commit themselves to their studies in order to become a future bridge between Japan and their home countries.
Application and Admission Procedures
|Application Period||From Jan 7 (Mon) to Jan 22 (Tue) 2019
(Applications must be sent postmarked on or before Jan 22 (Tue), 2019)
|Examination Date||Feb 4 (Mon), 2019|
|Examination Site||Hiroshima University of Economics and Fukuoka city*
*Detailed site information of the Fukuoka city will be directly informed to the applicants.
|Announcement of Results||Feb 15 (Fri), 2019 at 3pm|
|Admission Procedures||Deadline for payment of admission fee: Feb 22 (Fri), 2019
Deadline for payment of tuition fee: Mar 18 (Mon), 2019
(About the tuition fee reduction system)
International students from affiliated schools who pass the entrance examination may apply for reduction of tuition. Reduction will be based on academic score and actual financial need.
Based on interview, documents submitted and EJU score. (Two subjects, including Japanese)
*Students applying from Japanese language schools will be required to submit a record of attendance (90% attendance rate is required.)
Mail the following required documents to:
Hiroshima University of Economics, Center for International Education Exchange
5-37-1 Gion, Asaminami-ku, Hiroshima, 731-0192
Send by: January 22 (Tue), 2019
(Applications must be sent postmarked on or before January 22 (Tue), 2019)
Documents to be submitted
- Application form (form prescribed by HUE)
- Test Registration Card (form prescribed by HUE)
- Letter of recommendation from the principal of the Japanese language school or of the university most recently attended (form prescribed by HUE)
- Certificate of graduation and academic transcript from the educational institution in home country most recently attended (NB Photocopies NOT accepted)
- Completion certificate, or certification of prospective completion, and academic transcript from Japanese language school which the applicant is currently attending.
*An academic transcript is required listing academic record and attendance record for each year.
- Transcript of EJU
Only transcripts of the EJU administered by JASSO are accepted.
*Transcripts only from 2017 and 2018 will be accepted. Only one transcript will be accepted from candidates who sat the examination more than once.
- Health certificate *Please make sure that the certificate covers: 1. Your name, 2. Birth date, 3.sex, 4. Height and Weight, 5. Visual acuity, 6. X-ray check result and 7. Doctor's findings. The certificate issued before April 2018 will NOT be accepted.
- Certificate of residence
（1）Must have been issued within the last 3 months by the public office in your region.
（2）Please specify Status of Residence and Authorized Period of Stay.
（3）Certificate of resident must NOT have "mynumber." Those documents which have "mynumber" will not be accepted.
- Photocopy of passport
* Photocopies of all pages bearing entries are required.
- Application Fee:
- Department ･･･30,000 yen
- Departments･･･35,000 yen
- Departments･･･40,000 yen
- Departments･･･45,000 yen
- Departments･･･50,000 yen
Announcement of Results
- Results will be available on our website: http://www.hue.ac.jp
- Notification of results sent by express mail.
- After announcement at HUE, the results will be conveyed to each Japanese language school.
* HUE will not accept telephone inquiries regarding results.