The main campus of Hiroshima University of Economics is conveniently located within easy access of the city center.
There is also a free university shuttle bus service that runs 80 times a day between the university and the nearest train stations.
- Public transport from Hiroshima Station and central Hiroshima
- By Car
- Access to Hiroshima from other parts of the country (by boat, airplane and long-distance bus)
● By JR
From Hiroshima Station, take the JR Kabe line to Shimo-Gion Station (15 minutes).
There is a free university shuttle bus that runs from Shimo-Gion Station to Hiroshima University of Economics. The journey takes approximately 5 minutes. (Walking from Shimo-Gion station takes approximately 20 minutes.)
● By the Astram Line
From Hondori Station in central Hiroshima, take the Astram Line to Omachi Station (approximately 18 minutes).
There is a free university shuttle bus that runs from Omachi Station to Hiroshima University of Economics. The journey takes approximately 15 minutes.
* It is also possible to take the Astram Line to Shin-Hakushima Station, change to the JR Kabe line and take a train to Shimo-Gion Station.
● By Bus
From Hiroshima Station, take a Hiroshima Kotsu Bus for ‘Hiroshima University of Economics’ (approximately 40 minutes).
(Buses to and from the university only operate Monday to Friday.)
Shuttle bus information
● The journey from Hiroshima Airport takes approximately 55 minutes.
● The journey from the Sanyo Expressway Hiroshima Interchange (I.C.) takes approximately 20 minutes.
At the [Hiroshima I.C.] take the [Hiroshima City] exit -> At the [Nakasuji 1-chome] intersection turn right -> At the [Nakasu 1-chome] intersection turn left -> At the [Nishihara 8-chome 9] intersection turn right -> At the [Gion 6-chome] intersection turn left -> Go straight on at the [Gion 5-chome] intersection.
● The journey from Hiroshima Station and central Hiroshima takes approximately 30 minutes.
Take [National Route 183] -> At the [Nishihara 1-chome] intersection turn left -> At the [Yamamoto Shogakko Minami] intersection turn right -> At the [Gion 5-chome] intersection turn left.
● By boat or ferry to Hiroshima (Ujina) Port (from Matsuyama, islands in the Seto Inland Sea)
A streetcar from Hiroshima (Ujina) Port to Hiroshima Station takes approximately 30 minutes.
● By airplane to Hiroshima Airport (from Tokyo, Sapporo, Sendai, Okinawa)
A airport limousine bus from Hiroshima Airport to Hiroshima Station takes approximately 40 minutes.
* It is possible to take a taxi or the Astram Line from the airport limousine bus stop at Nakasuji Station.
● By long-distance bus to Hiroshima Station or central Hiroshima (Hiroshima Bus Center)
From Matsue: approximately 3 hours.
From Hamada: approximately 2 hours.
● By Shinkansen (and conventional train lines) to Hiroshima Station
From Hakata: approximately 50 minutes,
From Oita: approximately 2 hours 30 minutes,
From Shin-Yamaguchi: approximately 30 minutes,
From Okayama: approximately 35 minutes,
From Takamatsu: approximately 1 hour 40 minutes.
* Routes from Hiroshima Station to the university are shown above↑
On entering the main gate, the Meitokukan is on the left, and further along on the right are the Media Information Center, Building No. 1 and the library etc.
Using the free university shuttle bus, it takes 2-3 minutes to get to the gymnasium or the baseball field.
5-37-1 Gion, Asaminami-ku, Hiroshima-shi, 731-0192 Japan
TEL: (082) 871-1000 FAX: (082) 871-1005
Guide to Campus Facilities
* When arriving on the university shuttle bus
・For the library and other university buildings, get off at ‘Building No.1’ bus stop.
・For the gymnasium, get off at ‘Gymnasium’ bus stop.
・For other sports facilities, get off at the final stop, ‘General SC’.
University Shuttle Bus Timetable
It takes 15 minutes to walk from the main campus to the Koudoukan. When visiting, please be aware that this building is separate from the main campus. You can also get there using the free shuttle bus.
Hiroshima University of Economics, Koudoukan
5-1-27 Gion, Asaminami-ku, Hiroshima-shi, 731-0138 Japan
TEL: 082-832-5010 FAX: 082-832-5011
This campus is situated in Tatemachi, Naka-ku, in the center of Hiroshima, and consists of an 11 story reinforced concrete building with a single floor basement. The campus has a wide range of uses, including seminars and programs to help individuals already in employment improve their careers, and research groups. There are both bus and streetcar stations in front of the campus, and an Astram Line station nearby, making Tatemachi Campus an extremely convenient location.
Hiroshima University of Economics, Tatemachi Campus
2-25 Tatemachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima-shi, 730-0032 Japan
● Nearest stations
Streetcar (Hiroshima Electric Railway): Tate-machi Station, Hatchobori Station, Kamiyacho-nishi Station, Kamiyacho-higashi Station
Bus: Tatemachi, Hatchobori, Kamiya-cho, Hiroshima Bus Center
Astram Line: Kencho-mae Station, Hondori Station
Situated very close to the world heritage site Itsukushima Shrine, this facility has a wide range of uses, including camps for seminars and circles etc., and workshops.
Seminar House Seifukan
1175 Miyajima-cho, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima, 739-0588 Japan
For access to Miyajima, take the ferry from the Miyajimaguchi pier (10 minutes).
The Seifukan is a 9-minute walk from the Miyajima ferry terminal.