International Student Entrance Examination I
- For international students attending Japanese language schools, career colleges and universities.
- System for Application to Multiple Academic Departments ･･･ applying to multiple departments is possible.
- Application guidebook for the academic year 2019 is now available upon request.
|Economics||Economics||Very limited intake|
|Business Administration *||Business Administration|
|Sport Business Administration|
|Media Business *||Information systems in Business|
(Applicants must satisfy all of the following requirements)
- （1）Applicants must be foreign nationals who have completed 12 years of continuous education in a country other than Japan, or who have attained the level of academic ability required by the Minister of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
（2）Applicants who have attend an advanced course of a training college (Senshu Gakko) (a course of three years or more or one that has been approved by MEXT) and have completed the program according to the requirements provided by MEXT and have completed the program by March 31, 2019.
（3） Applicants who have attained a International Baccalaureate, Abitur, Baccalaureate or General Certificate of Education Advanced Level designated by the Minister of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT); or who will attain one of the above by March 31, 2019, and who have reached the age of 18 years.
（4） Applicants who have completed 12 years of continuous education given by any educational organizations accredited by international accreditation bodies (WASC, ACSI, CSI) designated by the Minister of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT); or who will complete by March 31, 2019, and who have reached the age of 18 years.
（5） Applicants who by having taken a separate school entrance examination are deemed to have an educational level equivalent to that of a high school graduate, and who have reached the age of 18 years.
*For (5), applicants shall contact Center for International Education Exchange (CIEE) for more details on the application eligibility no later than November 16 (Fri), 2018.
- Applicants must have taken the “Japanese as a Foreign Language” Examination and one other examination (either the “Japan and the World” Examination or the Mathematics Examination) administered by JASSO. (Free choice of test language)
Application and Admission Procedures
|Application Period||From Jan 7 (Mon) to Jan 22 (Tue), 2019
(Applications must be sent postmarked on or before Jan 22 (Tue), 2019)
|Examination Date||Feb 4 (Mon), 2019|
|Examination Site||Hiroshima University of Economics and Fukuoka city
*Applicants who wish to take examination in Fukuoka city will be informed of the venue separately.
|Announcement of Results||Feb 15 (Fri), 2019 at 3pm|
|Admission Procedures||Deadline for the payment of admission fee: Feb 22 (Fri), 2019
Deadline for the payment of tuition fees: Mar 18 (Mon), 2019
- Based on interview, documents submitted and EJU score. (Two subjects, including Japanese)
*Students applying from Japanese Language Schools will be required to submit a record of attendance (90% attendance rate is required).
Mail the following required documents to:
Hiroshima University of Economics, Center for International Education Exchange
5-37-1 Gion, Asaminami-ku, Hiroshima, 731-0192
Send by: January 22 (Tue), 2019
(Applications must be postmarked on or before January 22 (Tue), 2019)
Documents to be submitted
- Application form (form prescribed by HUE)
- Test Registration Card (form prescribed by HUE)
- Certificate of graduation and academic transcript from the educational institution in home country most recently enrolled in (NB Photocopies NOT accepted)
- Certificate of scheduled/prospective graduation and academic transcript of Japanese language school currently enrolled in.
* An academic transcript is required showing academic and attendance records for each year.
- Transcript of EJU (photocopy is accepted)
Only transcripts of the EJU administered by JASSO is acceptable.
* Only transcripts of tests taken in 2017 or 2018 will be accepted. Those who have taken the test more than once may present only one transcript.
- Health certificate *Please make sure that the certificate covers: 1. Your name, 2. Birth date, 3. sex, 4. Height and Weight, 5. Visual acuity, 6. X-ray check result and 7. Doctor's findings. The certificate issued before April 2018 will NOT be accepted.
- Certificate of residence
（1）Must have been issued within the last 3 months by the public office in your region.
（2）Please specify Status of Residence and Authorized Period of Stay.
（3）Certificate of resident must NOT have "mynumber." Those documents which have "mynumber" will not be accepted.
- Photocopy of passport
* Photocopies of all pages bearing entries are required.
- Application Fee
- Department ･･･30,000 yen
- Departments･･･35,000 yen
- Departments･･･40,000 yen
- Departments･･･45,000 yen
- Departments･･･50,000 yen
* Please transfer the fee from any bank (postal transfer not accepted) using the prescribed form from HUE.
Announcement of Results
- The identification numbers of successful applicants will be posted on the bulletin board of the Center for International Education Exchange in HUE.
- Notification of results sent by express mail.
- Results may also be viewed on our website for 1 week after the date of announcement at http://www.hue.ac.jp
* HUE will not accept telephone inquiries regarding results.