Application guidebook for the academic year 2018 will be available in July.
|Graduate School of Economics|
|Courses||Course Types||Student capacity|
|Master's Course||Research Scholar Development Course(*1)||10(including Japanese students and students on special selection for working adults)|
|Economic Specialization Course|
|Doctoral Course||Research Scholar Development Course||3 (including Japanese students)|
(*1)The Examination for Research Scholar Development Course will be held only for Examination II. It will, however, be held for Examination I for those who apply directly from their home country
Applicants for HUE’s Master’s Course or Doctoral Course must be foreign nationals and satisfy one of the following requirements for the course applied for.
1. Master's Course
（1） Those who have graduated or expect to graduate in March 2018 from universities meeting the requirements of the School Education Law.
（2） Those who have been awarded a graduate degree from the National Institution for Academic Degrees and University Evaluation, or are due to be awarded one by March 2018.
（3） Those who have completed 16 years of school education outside of Japan, or are due to complete it by March 2018.
（4） Those who have completed (or will complete by March 31, 2018) a 16-year course of formal education of a foreign country, by taking in Japan correspondence courses offered by schools and universities in the foreign country.
(5) Those who, having completed a 16-year course of formal education of a foreign country, have completed (or will complete by March 31, 2018) in Japan a relevant course at a foreign university recognized by the authorities of that foreign country as an institution offering undergraduate courses, the course(s) taken there being approved by the Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports, Japan.
(6) Those who have completed (or will complete by March 31, 2018) an advanced professional course of a professional training college. The course must fulfill the requirements set by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (including being a minimum of four years) and be recognized by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology as fulfilling such. Applicants must have graduated from the course after a date specified by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology.
(7) Those who are approved by the Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports.
(8) Those who have enrolled in a post-graduate course at a university in accordance with Paragraph 102 Clause 2 of the School Education Law, the candidate being deemed having an appropriate level of academic ability to undertake the education offered in the post-graduate course enrolled in at that university.
(9) Those who are at least 22 years of age and who having been subject to a separate university examination are recognized by the Graduate School Research Committee of this university as having academic ability at least equivalent to that of a Japanese university graduate.
2. Doctoral Course
（1） Those who have a master’s degree or who are due to take one in March 2018.
(2) Those who have finished a course of professional university post-graduate study and hold a degree recognized by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology.
(3) Those who have obtained in a foreign country a degree equivalent to a professional degree or master's degree of university.
(4) Those who have obtained a degree equivalent to a master's degree or a professional degree, by taking in Japan a correspondence courses offered by a foreign school.
(5) Those in Japan who have completed a graduate degree at a foreign university that is recognized by the authorities of that foreign country as a bona fide educational institution, the course(s) taken being approved by the Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports, Japan, and which degree being equivalent to the master's degree or a professional degree of a Japanese university.
(6) Those who are approved by the Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports.
(7) Those who, having reached the age of 24, are recognized by the Graduate School Research Committee of this university as being equivalent in academic level to a graduate student with a master's degree.
3. Those who have a score of more than 260 on “Japanese as a Foreign Language” of the Japanese test of the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) administered by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
* NB Only the transcripts of tests taken in 2016 or 2017 will be accepted.
（1） Those who pass the Master’s Course Examination I for the Economic Specialization Course may also take the Master’s Course Examination II for the Research Scholar Development Course. When passed, the admission fees for Examination I can be appropriated for those for the Research Scholar Development Course. If failed, the pass for the Examination I will not be cancelled.
（2） Those who take the Master's Research Scholar Development Course can advance to the Doctoral Course without examination upon acquiring all the credits necessary (including completion of thesis) for the Master’s Course.
Those who apply directly from their home country (i.e. those taking the overseas examination) should first obtain informal consent to provision of research guidance from a preferred member of the teaching staff.
|Domestic Applicants for Examination I||Economic Specialization Course||From Aug 1 (Tue) to Aug 17 (Thu), 2017 (Applications postmarked on the due date will be accepted)|
* “Domestic applicants” are those who currently live in Japan and are able to take the entrance examination held at HUE.
Documents to be submitted
- Application form (form prescribed by HUE)
- Résumé (form prescribed by HUE)
- Test Registration Card (form prescribed by HUE)
- Dossier (form prescribed by HUE)
- Letter of recommendation (form prescribed by HUE)
- Health certificate (form prescribed by HUE)
- Research Plan (form prescribed by HUE)
*Those who apply directly from their home countries and for doctoral course applicants only.
- Application Form for Part-time Student Program （form prescribed by HUE）
*Those who intend to study on the Part-time Student Program only
- Transcript of EJU or JLPT N1 (photocopy OK)
- Academic transcript from the educational institution in home country most recently enrolled in.(NB Photocopies NOT accepted)
- Certificate of graduation from the educational institution in home country most recently enrolled in, or of scheduled/prospective graduation from the one currently attended.(NB Photocopies NOT accepted)
*Those who took degrees through the National Institution for Academic Degrees and University Evaluation should submit a certificate of degree conferral, and those who are scheduled to take a degree should submit a certificate showing that they have been acceptance for the conferral of a degree.
- Certificate of alien registration
- Photocopy of passport
- Certificate of employment (those who are currently employed only)
- Informal permission letter from academic supervisor.
*Those who apply directly from their home country only.
(Before applying, please obtain informal consent to provision of research guidance from a preferred member of the teaching staff)
- Copy of academic [bachelor’s] thesis
*Those who apply for the Master’s Course from other countries.
(Not required for those who have not submitted a bachelor’s thesis at the school most recently enrolled in.)
- Copy of academic [master’s] thesis
*Applicants for Doctoral Course only
(For those who are scheduled to complete the HUE Master Course, the submitted master’s thesis will be a substitute)
- Document with a summary of academic [master’s] thesis (using a dossier prescribed by HUE)
*Applicants for the Doctoral Course only
- Secondary thesis
*For those who have completed the Master’s Course, a record demonstrating academic achievement other than a master’s thesis may substitute for a secondary thesis.
Entrance Examination Fee
30,000 yen ( For both Master's Course and Doctoral Course)
|Domestic applicants only|
|Examination Date||Sep 5 (Tue) & 6 (Wed), 2017|
|Examination Site||Hiroshima University of Economics|
|Research Scholar Development Course||
|Economic Specialization Course||
|7 subjects: theoretical economics, economic history, economic policy, public finance/banking, statistics, management/business, regional studies.|
|Research Scholar Development Course||
Announcement of Results
|Domestic examinees of the Entrance Examination I||Sep 12 (Tue), 2016 at 10am|
- The identification numbers of the successful candidates will be posted on the bulletin board of Entrance Examination Public Relations Office.
- All candidates will receive results by post.