HUE accepts international students in order to foster global-minded people who can be a bridge between Japan and other countries. For this reason HUE provides special programs for international students, as well as offering a special entrance examination for international applicants different from the regular examination.
HUE provides an “Entrance Admission (Applying Directly from Home Country)” system for international applicants. This system has been adopted for international applicants to enable the taking of the entrance examination in the applicant’s home country using the applicant’s score in the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU), administered by the Japan Student Service Organization (JASSO).
The undergraduate and graduate courses of HUE have different kinds of admission. Please refer to the guidelines for the International Student Entrance Examination for details.
- In principle, international applicants who wish to apply directly from their home country are required to take the EJU examination.
- Please click a relevant topic below for details of the entrance examination (qualifying for the examination, examination schedule, necessary documentation, etc.)
- 1. (Undergraduate) Entrance Examination for International Students (outside Japan)
- 2. (Graduate) Entrance Examination for International Students (outside Japan)
This outline explains the system of the International Student Entrance Examination (applying directly from one’s home country) for both undergraduate and graduate courses. Please refer to the HUE 2016 Entrance Examination Guideline (application form) for details, scheduled to be distributed in July. Please pay attention to any changes.
EJU is an examination administered by Japan Student Services Organization aimed at assessing the Japanese language skills and basic academic ability of international students who wish to study in Japanese universities at the undergraduate level or higher. The EJU can be taken in many major cities around the world.
- ［EJU Subjects］
- The subjects of the EJU are Japanese, science (physics, chemistry, biology), Japan and the World, and mathematics. Examinees should select those subjects required by their desired Japanese university. When applying, examinees should choose either Japanese or English language (Japanese only for the subject “Japanese”).